470+ Demon Names Ideas (2023) Female, Male Demon Names
Most people think of demons as evil spirits that cause havoc and destruction. However, the truth is that demons are simply beings that are not human. They can be either good or evil, depending on their nature. Some believe that demons are the souls of deceased humans who cannot move on to the afterlife. So we will look into "470+ Demon names ideas".
There are many different types of demons, each with unique abilities and powers. Some demons are said to be able to possess humans, while others can transform their appearance. Demon sightings have been reported throughout history and are a fascinating topic for many people today.
Today's topic is demon names. What are some of the most famous demon names? You will be surprised to learn that many of the demons you know by name are based on real historical figures.
Also Read: Nicknames Ideas For Your Best Friends (2023)
Tips for Choosing Pubg Names (2023)
Few things to remember while picking a name:
- Think about the demon's personality: A good name should fit the demon's personality.
- A name should be easy to pronounce: A name that is difficult to pronounce can be a turn-off for many people.
- Make sure the meaning of the name is not too dark: A dark or evil-sounding name can make people uneasy.
- Choose a unique name: A unique name will help your demon stand out from the rest.
Now that you know some tips for choosing names, let's take a look at some of the most popular demon names.
Japanese Demon Names Ideas (2023)
Japanese have always been known for their unique culture and traditions. One thing that makes them stand out is their belief in demons. Japanese demons come in all shapes and sizes, from the feared Oni to the mischievousKappa. These creatures have been a part of Japanese folklore for centuries, and each has a unique story.
If you're looking for a scary name for your Halloween costume or want to learn more about these fascinating creatures, check out our list of Japanese demon names ideas.
- Baku — Baku is a Dream eater that devours nightmares. They’re also said to be able to grant wishes.
- Gashadokuro — Gashadokuro is a skeletal giant that feast on human flesh. They’re created when many people die at once, such as in a war or natural disaster.
- Kappa — Kappa are water demons that live in rivers and lakes. They’re often portrayed as mischievous creatures that like to play tricks on humans.
- Kasa-obake — Kasa-obake is a monster with an umbrella for a head. They’re said to be created when a regular umbrella is left out in the rain too long.
- Kitsune — Kitsune are fox spirits that can transform into humans. They’re known for their trickery and are said to be able to cause natural disasters.
- Kodama — Kodama are tree spirits that live in forests. They’re said to be able to predict when someone will die.
- Oni — Oni is a traditional Japanese demon often portrayed as a horned, red-faced monster. They’re said to be incredibly strong and can breathe fire.
- Rokurokubi — Rokurokubi are women who can detach their heads from their bodies. They use this ability to haunt people at night.
- Tanuki — Tanuki are raccoon-dog spirits that are known for their shapeshifting abilities. They’re often portrayed as jolly creatures that enjoy playing tricks on humans.
- Yurei — Yurei are ghosts that haunt the living. They’re said to be the souls of people who have died with unfinished business.
- Shuten Dōji — This guy has fifteen eyes and five horns. He’s also bright red and 50 feet tall. He’s the leader of the oni and he’s said to be incredibly strong and fast.
- Ikiryō — These are ghosts that have not yet realized they’re dead. They often haunt the places they died or the people they were closest to.
- Kurabezo — Kurabezo are flying head demons. Yes, you read that right. They have no body, just a head with wings. They love to eat human flesh.
- Nukekubi — Nukekubi is women who can detach their heads from their bodies. Unlike rokurokubi, nukekubi can fly around with their heads, which they use to terrorize people at night.
- Akuno-Mata — Akuno-Mata is child-sized demon with long, sharp nails. They’re said to haunt the dreams of young children.
- Karakasa-Obake — Karakasa-obake are monsters with an umbrella for a head. They’re said to be created when a regular umbrella is left out in the rain too long.
- Jorōgumo — Jorōgumo is spider demons that can transform into beautiful women. They lure men into their webs, where they devour them.
- Kirin — Kirin are mythical creatures that resemble lions or dragons. They’re said to bring good luck and they’re often portrayed in art and literature.
- Mizuchi — Mizuchi are water dragons that can transform into snakes. They’re said to inhabit rivers and lakes, and they
Also Read: Knight Names Ideas (2023)
African Demon Names Ideas (2023)
When it comes to African culture, a wide variety of demons are said to exist. These demonic beings come in all shapes and sizes, each with a unique name. You will be amazed at how many different African demon names there are when you read this list.
- Akaohekohe (Hawaii) — A demon of the forest which appears as a red-eyed boar and is said to kill people with its tusks.
- Akasava (Zimbabwe) — A water demon that drowns people.
- Asiman (Ghana) — A small, evil creature that can transform into anything it desires to deceive people. It is also known for stealing hearts.
- Black Annis (England) — This black-faced hag is said to live in a cave in the Dane Hills where she hangs the skins of her victims on meat hooks.
- Bukwavi (Tanzania) — ATo catch this dangerous demon, you must first find its footprints, which are said to be the size of tree stumps.
- Chihamba (Zimbabwe) — A spirit that takes the form of an old woman. It is known for causing famine and drought.
- Datura (Caribbean) — A shape-shifting sorceress who can transform into a beautiful woman or a foul beast. She lure men to their doom with her beauty before killing them.
- Ekimmu (Mesopotamia) — A spirit that is said to haunt the deserts. It drains the life force from its victims, leaving them as withered husks.
- Enkum (Akan people of Ghana) — A water demon that drags people down to the depths of lakes and rivers to drown them.
- Gran Boi (Trinidad) — A giant, red-eyed monster wanders the forests at night searching for human flesh.
- Iara (Brazil) — A beautiful mermaid-like creature that lures men to their doom with her singing. She then drags them down to the bottom of rivers and lakes to drown them.
- Jengu (Cameroon) — A water spirit that takes the form of a beautiful woman. It is said to lure fishermen to their doom with its singing.
- Kachi Penyi (Ghana) — A water demon that lives in rivers and lakes. It is known for dragging people down to the depths to drown them.
- Kokou ( Ivory Coast) — A huge, red-eyed monster wanders the forests at night in search of human flesh.
- Mami Wata (Africa and Caribbean) — A water spirit that takes the form of a beautiful woman. It is said to lure sailors to their doom with its singing.
- Ngangas (Senegal) — evil spirits that take the form of old women. They are known for causing illness and death.
- Nkosi (South Africa) — A demon that is said to haunt the forests. It is known for killing people with its claws.
- Oya (Nigeria) — A spirit of wind and fire. It is said to cause storms and natural disasters.
- Sasabonsam (Ghana) — A flying, blood-sucking monster that dwells in the forests. It is said to kill people with its huge, sharp claws.
- Set (Egypt) — The god of chaos and destruction. He is said to cause drought, famine, and war.
- Ndetei (Kenya) — A demon that is said to haunt the forests. It is known for luring people to their doom with its singing.
- Ngkoko Tostado (Madagascar) — A huge, red-eyed monster wanders the forests at night searching for human flesh.
- Obambo (Uganda) — A water demon that is said to haunt the rivers and lakes. It is known for dragging people down to the depths to drown them.
- Olgoi-Khorkhoi (Mongolia) — A giant, red-eyed creature that wanders the steppes in search of human flesh.
- Orang Bunian (Malaysia) — A race of forest spirits that can transform into animals or objects at will.
- Penanggalan (Malaysia) — A flying, blood-sucking monster that is said to haunt old houses and graveyards. It is said to kill people with its long, sharp tongue.
- Pontianak (Indonesia) — A flying, blood-sucking monster that is said to haunt old houses and graveyards. It is said to kill people with its long, sharp tongue.
- Rokh (Arabian Peninsula) — A huge bird that is said to feast on the flesh of humans.
D&D Demon Names Ideas (2023)
There are several different types of demons in Dungeons & Dragons, each with its unique name and abilities. These powerful creatures can be found in the deepest depths of the underworld or summoned by evil wizards to do their bidding.
Some of the most well-known and feared D&D demon names ideas include:
- Balor - A powerful fiend that commands fire and brimstone.
- Baphomet - A demonic lord that takes the form of a giant goat-headed creature.
- Belial - A devious and cunning demon, Belial is known for his ability to deceive and corrupt those around him.
- Mephistopheles - A fallen angel who takes the form of a red-skinned devil with horns and a tail.
- Bifrons - declares the understanding of geometry, astrology, and other arts
- and sciences
- Beelzebub - The lord of the flies, Beelzebub is a massive creature with wings and a hideous visage.
- Bar-lgura - have a humanoid upper body with the head and lower body of a great cat
- Abraxas - A creature with the head of a rooster, a lion's body, and a serpent's tail.
- Dagon - A Lovecraftian creature that dwells in the ocean depths, preying on ships and sailors.
- Chasme - A fiend with large, bat-like wings and a long, proboscis-like tongue.
- Cambion - The offspring of a human and a demon, cambions are powerful creatures that often inherit their demonic parent's abilities.
- Bulezau - has the head of an ox, the body of a man, and is covered in coarse hair.
- dretch - the weakest of fiends, these small, lizard-like creatures are often used as cannon fodder by their more powerful brethren.
- Cacodaemon - A small, winged demon that feeds on the blood of mortals.
- Fiend - A generic term for any malicious creature from the lower planes, fiends are often divided into different categories based on their powers and abilities.
- Efreeti - A type of genie that often takes the form of a towering humanoid made of fire.
- Implaemon - A small, winged demon that infests the intestines of its victims.
- Pit Fiend - A large, horned devil that commands the legions of Hell.
- Vrock - A vulture-like fiend that can spit acid and summon other demons to aid it in combat.
- Succubus/Incubus - These seductive demons prey on mortals, draining their life force to sustain themselves.
- Barghest - A monstrous creature with the head of a dog and the body of a man, barghests are native to the Plane of Shadow.
- Fomorian - A giant, inhuman creature with a bestial appearance.
- Rakshasa - A race of shape-shifting demons that often take the form of tigers or humans.
- Sphinx - A mystical creature with the body of a lion and the head of a human or another animal.
- Triton - A sea-dwelling creature with a man's upper body and a fish's lower body.
- Troglodyte - A primitive, reptilian creature that dwells in dark caves and lurks in the shadows ready to pounce on its prey.
- Wyvern - A dragon-like creature with two legs and wings. Often used as mounts by evil wizards and warriors.
Also Read: Monster Names Ideas (2023)
Female Demon Names Ideas (2023)
Females in demonology have been given many names with various origins and meanings. In some cases, the name of a demon indicates its role or purpose, while in others, it may be more obtuse. Here is a list of some of the most well-known female demon names ideas.
- Lilith: Adam's first wife, cast out of the Garden of Eden due to her disobedience.
- Bathin: A demon of the waters who can transform herself into a horse or a beautiful woman.
- Eurynome: The goddess of all things in nature.
- Hecate: The Greek goddess of magic, witchcraft, crossroads, and ghosts.
- Nyx: The Greek goddess of night.
- Persephone: The Greek queen of the underworld.
- Pandora: The first mortal woman in Greek mythology.
- Medusa: A woman with snakes for hair whose gaze can turn men to stone.
- Sekhmet: The Egyptian goddess of war and destruction.
- Morrigan: The Irish goddess of war.
- Hel: The Norse goddess of the underworld.
- Kali: The Hindu goddess of death and destruction.
- Ereshkigal: The Mesopotamian queen of the underworld.
- Lamia: A woman with a serpent's tail in place of legs.
- Baalat: The Phoenician goddess of fertility and war.
- Azazel: A fallen Jewish angel who is said to have tempted Eve into eating the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge.
- Lucifer: The fallen angel who became Satan.
- Mammon: The Biblical personification of greed and wealth.
- Leviathan: A sea monster from the Old Testament.
Male Demon Names Ideas (2023)
Every culture has its demons, and so does every religion. Men also have their demons, which may differ from women. Here is a list of male demon names describing their powers and abilities.
- Erebus: The personification of darkness.
- Incubus: A male demon who preys on women.
- Mephistopheles: A male demon who is the personification of evil.
- Ogre: A monster that lives in the wild and eats human flesh.
- Orcus: The god of death.
- Samael: A fallen angel who is the personification of evil.
- Scorpion: A venomous creature that can kill with its sting.
- Serpent: A dangerous creature that can kill with its bite.
- Succubus: A female demon who preys on men.
- Troll: A monster that lives in the wild and eats human flesh.
- Vampire: A undead creature that drinks blood to survive.
- Zombie: An undead creature that wanders the earth in search of human flesh to eat.
- Euronymous: Means the prince of death. He feeds on corpses.
- Furfur: The one who holds rank as a count of hell.
- He can take the form of an animal.
- Geryon: A monster with three bodies and three heads. He is often depicted as a giant scorpion.
- Iblis: The Islamic version of satan.
- Kobal: The demon of mockery.
- Legion: A group of demons often referred to as "The damned".
- Lilith: Adam's first wife, who was cast out of paradise for her rebellion. She is sometimes depicted as a serpent or a vampire.
- Lucifer: The fallen angel who became satan.
- Mammon: The demon of greed.
- Marax: The demon of pestilence.
- Naberius: The chief demon of lies and deception.
- Mammon: The demon of wealth and greed.
- Naberius: The chief demon of lies and deception.
- Orobas: The fallen angel of darkness.
- Samael: The fallen angel of death and destruction.
- Uvall: The demon of envy.
- Zepar: The demon who causes discord between man and woman.
Also Read: Fortnite Names Ideas (2023)
Demon Names Ideas From Mythology (2023)
In mythology, a demon is an evil spirit. Demons are often described as cruel, violent, and aggressive beings. They are also often associated with darkness and death.
Mythology has many kinds of demons, from those that haunt humans to those that live in the underworld. Some of the most famous demons from mythology include:
- Asura: Asura is a class of Demon in Buddhist mythology. They are said to be incredibly powerful and dangerous, with some even being able to rival
- Mahisha: Mahisha is the Demon King in Hindu mythology. He is a massive buffalo-headed creature with immense strength and power. Mahisha is an
- Prahlada: Prahlada is a Demon Prince in Hindu mythology. He is the son of the Demon King Hiranyakashipu and
- Andhaka: Andhaka is the Demon King of Blindness in Hindu mythology. He is the son of Shiva and Parvati, and is said to be very handsome despite his blindness. Andhaka is a fitting name for a Demon Slayer who is blind, but still manages to fight and defeat Demons
- Kumbhakarna: Kumbhakarna is a Demon in Hindu mythology. He is the brother of Ravana, the Demon King of Lanka. Kumbhakarna is a massive creature who is said to sleep for months at a time. Rama, the Avatar of Vishnu, eventually defeats him
- Jarasandha: Jarasandha is a Demon King in Hindu mythology. He is said to be incredibly strong and even defeat Krishna.
- Ravana: Ravana is the Demon King of Lanka in Hindu mythology. He is a massive creature with ten heads and twenty arms. Ravana is said to be incredibly intelligent and powerful and is eventually defeated by Rama.
- Shukracharya: Shukracharya is the Demon King of Wisdom in Hindu mythology. He is said to be very wise and intelligent and can help Demon King Ravana in his battle against Rama.
- Shurpanakha: Shurpanakha is a Demon in Hindu mythology. She is the sister of Ravana and is said to be very beautiful.
- Khara: Khara is a Demon in Hindu mythology. He is the brother of Ravana, and is said to be very strong.
- Dushana: Dushana is a Demon in Hindu mythology. He is the brother of Ravana and is said to be very handsome.
- Trishira: Trishira is a Demon in Hindu mythology. He is the brother of Ravana and is said to be very intelligent.
- Sursa: Sursa is a Demon in Hindu mythology. She is the wife of Ravana and is said to be very beautiful.
- Narantaka: Narantaka is a Demon in Hindu mythology. He is the son of Ravana and is said to be very strong
Demon Slayer Names Ideas (2023)
As you might know, "Demon Slayer" is a popular anime and manga series. The story follows the journey of young Tanjiro Kamado as he strives to become a powerful demon slayer to protect his loved ones from harm.
One thing that makes "Demon Slayer" so unique is its cast of characters, each with their own distinct personality and powers. And, of course, each character has their Demon Slayer name. So read on if you're looking for some inspiration for your next cosplay or want to learn more about the series!
- Kibutsuji Muzan
- Zenitsu Agatsuma
- Inosuke Hashibira
- Nezuko Kamado
- Tanjiro Kamado
- Shinobu Kocho
- Giyu Tomioka
- Kanao Tsuyuri
- Tengen Uzui
- Mitsuri Kanroji
- Rebecca Silverman
Also Read: Kahoot Names Ideas (2023)
Biblical Demon Name Ideas (2023)
There are many different kinds of demons mentioned in the Bible. Some of them are well known, such as Satan and his cohorts, while others are more obscure. In this section, we'll look at the Biblical demon Names Ideas.
- Tiamat – Babylonian goddess of chaos and the primordial sea
- Ymir – Norse giant from whom all life is said to have descended
- Morrigan – Celtic goddess of war and death
- Persephone – Greek goddess of the underworld
- Sekhmet – Egyptian goddess of disease, pestilence, and war
- Set – Egyptian god of chaos, desertification, and evil
- Anubis – Egyptian god of mummification and the underworld
- Cthulhu – Lovecraftian cosmic entity
- Kali – Hindu goddess of death, destruction, and time
Anime Demon Names (2023)
In anime, demons come in all shapes and sizes. Some are evil. Some are just misunderstood. But they all have one thing in common: they're super cool.
If you're looking for a list of the coolest and most bad-ass demon names, you've come to the right place. Here are some popular anime demon names ideas.
- Itachi Uchiha
Also Read: Steam Names Ideas (2023)
Fire Demon Names Ideas (2023)
Fire demons are some of the most feared creatures in existence. Their very name strikes terror into the hearts of mortals, and for a good reason. Fire demons are powerful, destructive beings that thrive on chaos and destruction.
Here are a few examples of fire demon names ideas that you can use for your characters:
Ice Demon Names Ideas (2023)
Most ice demons have names that reflect their icy nature, such as Frostbite or Icefang. Others have more intimidating names that strike fear into the hearts of their enemies, such as Doombringer or Destroyer. Still, others have words meant to be impressive, such as Jarlaxle or Arkhan.
Whatever their name, one thing is certain: ice demons are not to be trifled with!
- Frost wraith
- Glacial Horror
- Frozen soul
Fantasy Demon Names Ideas (2023)
What's in a name? When it comes to demons, everything. Their names often reflect their powers, natures, and sometimes even their origins. A good demon name is both daunting and attractive, showing off just enough of the demon's power to make them intriguing while still leaving something to the imagination.
Here are some of the most fearsome and fascinating fantasy demon names ideas out there:
- Thamuz : Demon of jealousy
- Surgat : Opener of locks and gates
- Styx : River demon, wife of Phenex
- Sorath : Sun-eating demon
- Shax : Marquis of Hell, Infernal Duke
- Ronove : Earl of Hell, Infernal Minister
- Nybbas : Demon of vanity
- Moloch : Archdemon of child sacrifice
- Lix Tetrax : 72 Spirits of Solomon
- Kobal : Lord of flatulence, Dark Comedian
- Halphas : Marquis of Hell, Infernal Duke
- Gusion : Count of Hell, Grand Duke
- Forneus : Marquis of Hell, Great Earl
- Focalor : Duke of Hell, Infernal President
- Vapula : Duke of Hell, Infernal Minister
Also Read: Nicknames for Boyfriend (2023)
Scary Demon Names Ideas (2023)
When it comes to choosing a name for a demon, there are no rules. There are thousands of options, so take your time and find the perfect one for your demon character. Here are some scary demon names ideas to get you started.
Also Read: Dark Edgy Usernames Ideas (2023)
Demon Baby Names Ideas (2023)
If you are looking for something unique, you may want to consider a demon baby name. Demon names are both creative and stylish and can be a great way to show off your child’s dark side.
Here are some of our favorite demon baby names:
- Chordeva: A female demon in the shape of a cat.
- Kok-Lir: A male demon who is the lord of the underworld.
- Hecate: She is a seducer.
- Nimue: A water demon who lures men to their doom.
- Erebus: A primordial god of darkness.
- Aamon: A Marquis of Hell who governs forty infernal legions.
- Raum: A great Earl of Hell who governs thirty-six legions.
- Samael: The demon of death and destruction.
- Nina: Serpent goddess.
- Baphomet: The Sabbatic Goat.
Also Read: Emo Username Ideas (2023)
There is no shortage of options when it comes to naming a demon. The sky is the limit whether you want something creative and stylish or scary and intimidating. Make sure to take your time and find the perfect name for your character. Thanks for reading!